Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Jeroen Breebaart releases Smash Pro
Jeroen Breebaart has released Smash Pro, a spectral processor VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
Smash Pro provides extensive control to create a fat and warm sound. Compression, harmonic excitation and equalization processes can be carefully controlled as a function of frequency by simply drawing (discretized) frequency curves.
Smash Pro is based on an innovative signal decomposition that allows extremely accurate analysis and modification of audio signals. During processing, the input signals are up to 40 times oversampled to allow detailed simulation of non-linear processes. This results in a very distinct and unique sound character.
Due to its flexibility, Smash Pro can be used for a broad range of processing applications, such as dynamic equalization, de-essing, enriching harmonic content within certain frequency ranges, multi-band distortion, New-York style compression, and alike.
Smash Pro features
- Up to 127 parameters to allow surgical sound sculpting.
- Support for 64-bits (double-precision) audio data for high-end use.
- Support of sampling frequencies up to 192 kHz.
- Multi-band (up to 20 bands) processing with individual controls for threshold, ratio, attack, release, and make-up gain.
- Unique spectral excitation feature (warmth) as a function of frequency.
- High-order, complex-valued level detectors for high-quality multi-band compressor envelope estimation.
- Support for parallel (New-York style) compression by adjustable dry/wet ratios.
- Clear user interface and display with level detection and real-time level adjustment visualization for each frequency band.
- Output level VU meters with peak hold functionality.
Smash Pro will available for purchase soon. A demo version for Windows PC is available for download here.
Visit Jeroen Breebaart for more information.