Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Jeroen Breebaart Smash Pro + package deal
Jeroen Breebaart‘s spectral processor VST effect plug-in Smash Pro is now available for purchase.
Smash Pro provides extensive control to create a fat and warm sound. Compression, harmonic excitation and equalization processes can be carefully controlled as a function of frequency by simply drawing (discretized) frequency curves.
Smash Pro features
- Up to 127 parameters to allow surgical sound sculpting.
- Support for 64-bits (double-precision) audio data for high-end use.
- Support of sampling frequencies up to 192 kHz.
- Multi-band (up to 20 bands) processing with individual controls for threshold, ratio, attack, release, and make-up gain.
- Unique spectral excitation feature (warmth) as a function of frequency.
- High-order, complex-valued level detectors for high-quality multi-band compressor envelope estimation.
- Support for parallel (New-York style) compression by adjustable dry/wet ratios.
- Clear user interface and display with level detection and real-time level adjustment visualization for each frequency band.
- Output level VU meters with peak hold functionality.
Smash Pro is available as a VST effect plug-in for Windows PC for 10 EUR. A demo version for Windows PC is available for download here.
The plug-in is also available in the Package Deal — consisting of all VST plugins from the Pro series — for only 35 EUR.
Visit Jeroen Breebaart for more information.