Jesse Chappell updates SooperLooper to v1.6.14
Jesse Chappel has released version 1.6.14 of SooperLooper, a free live looping sampler for Mac and Linux.
SooperLooper is a live looping sampler capable of immediate loop recording, overdubbing, multiplying, reversing and more. It allows for multiple simultaneous multi-channel loops limited only by your computer’s available memory.
The application is a standalone JACK client with an engine controllable via OSC and MIDI. It also includes a GUI which communicates with the engine via OSC (even over a network) for user-friendly control on a desktop. However, this kind of live performance looping tool is most effectively used via hardware (midi footpedals, etc) and the engine can be run standalone on a computer without a monitor.
Changes in SooperLooper v1.6.14
- Fixes some numeric display resolution for some parameters in AU plugin hosts
- New bindable commands record_exclusive, record_exclusive_prev/next which first end any operations on other loops, then start recording on the specified/selected, or switch to the next/prev then record. exclusive record commands also select whatever loop they are applied to.
- Also added record_or_overdub_excl* commands which are the same as above except use the record_or_overdub logic instead.
- Added optional press/release logic to commands in AU. Look for a new toggle parameter called “Press/release for commands” (in AU plugin generic interface) and turn it on. Then try out mainstage’s press/release button bindings, and set press to be 1, and release to be 0.
- Added double tap for the record_or_overdub* commands which does a single UNDO. Remember, a long press of record_or_overdub (note bindings must be used) does Undo All. This makes record_or_overdub variants candidates for one button do-it-all basic looping.
- Added command line utility (slregister) that will set up automatic updating of all SL’s OSC parameters to the given OSC host and port of your choice. This is useful when using custom OSC clients in PD/Max, or applications like Osculator (on mac).
SooperLooper is currently supported on Linux and Mac OS X, and any other platforms that support JACK. The Mac OS X package is usable with at least the 0.6 release of JACK OS X. Note that for OS X Tiger, you’ll need to get at least version 0.7 of JACK-OSX.
A Mac OS X Audio Unit version is included which does not require JACK to run.
More information: SooperLooper