Karoryfer has released the Fashionbass open source bass sample library.
The notes are sampled every minor third with five velocity layers and three random round robins. There are also release samples (every minor third with four round robins) and percussive and fingering noises (five round robins). All together that makes 426 24-bit 44.1 kHz wav samples and a 301 MB download.
Four different SFZ mappings are included – the regular mapping which is the most realistic, one without release samples, a three-voice unison mapping with all the round robins playing at once, and a shifty five-voice unison mappings which uses higher samples pitched down to create the extra voices. The samples can be used with Plogue Sforzando and should also work with other SFZ-compatible samplers.
- Samples of a Killer KB-Simmony bass guitar.
- A total of 426 24-bit 44.1 kHz WAV samples.
- Notes sampled every minor third.
- Five velocity layers and three round robins for every note.
- String release noises with four round robins.
- Various percussive and fingering noises with five round robins.
- Four different SFZ mappings with varying degrees of realism.
- 301 MB download size.
The library is available as a free download.