Keith McMillen Instruments has announced the release of SoftStep 2, the next incarnation of its programmable foot controller.
Everything you ever knew about foot controllers is about to change… again! After carefully listening to our users, KMI has refined the SoftStep experience from the ground up.
Changes in SoftStep 2 features
- SoftStep 2 hardware updates (exclusive to SoftStep 2):
- New cruciform controller pads for improved playability.
- Brighter LED backlighting.
- State recall in Standalone mode.
- Double memory and CPU clock speed.
- New case design.
- User tables.
- Same reliability… now wine and spirit proof!
- New Editor & Firmware features (compatible with SoftStep & SoftStep 2):
- 8 times faster load time using 500 MB less memory.
- Foot On as a source for all corners of the Nav Pad.
- Advanced Key Lockout Modes.
- Ability to switch between using 0-127 and 1-128 values.
- MSB & LSB pitch bend support.
- Settable MSB & LSB for bank messages.
The new SoftStep 2 controller will be demonstrated at Winter NAMM 2014, booth 6227 in Hall A.