Keith McMillen Instruments has launched a Kickstarter project for QuNexus, a new smart sensor keyboard controller.
QuNexus is the first keyboard controller to unite four generations of synthesis: MIDI, Control Voltage, OSC and USB.
QuNexus is a controller that everyone can have fun with. 25 vividly illuminated, touch-sensitive keys invite the beginner to explore, and provide valuable performance feedback for the professional.
Smart Sensor keys detect pressure, location, and velocity giving you unprecedented musical control.
Together with popular software apps, beginners can learn to play quickly and easily with QuNexus’ game-like blue and white glowing keys, creating a fun and interactive learning experience. Now anyone can play the piano.
- 25 Smart Sensor Keys detect Pressure, Location, and Velocity.
- Polyphonic Aftertouch.
- 7 Octave range.
- Pitch Bend Pad.
- 2 CV/Gate Inputs.
- Gate and 3 CV Outputs (16-bit).
- Blue and White LED Illumination with 16 levels of brightness.
- Portable: 14 oz, 3.5″ x 10″ x .5 “.
- Plug and Play: USB powered, no drivers needed.
- MacOS, Windows, iOS, Android, Linux.
The QuNexus project will be funded if at least $20,000 USD is pledged by Tuesday December 18th, 2:59am EST. Starting at a $150 USD pledge for a first edition QuNexus, backers can expect the controller to be delivered in April, 2013.