Keith McMillen Instruments releases SoftStep, MIDI foot controller
Keith McMillen Instruments is now shipping the SoftStep, a multi-touch USB foot controller.
SoftStep is an extremely flexible controller allowing you to use it in a variety of ways. You can use it with software on your computer to control effects, looping, sample triggering, etc.. Use it with DAWs to control punch-in, panning, levels, and transport functions. In standalone mode you can use the SoftStep without a computer to control your MIDI synth and/or rack with the SoftStep MIDI Expander (sold separately). In addition to controlling sound, the SoftStep can be used with anything that will accept MIDI or OSC data: lighting effects, video, robotics, pyrotechnics, and more.
- USB-powered – connects to a computer or works standalone with MIDI Expander.
- Ten multi-touch keys control up to 6 unique notes, Continuous Controllers, Program Changes, or OSC.
- Each key picks up pressure, X and Y motion, and rotation.
- Weighs in at just over a pound, making it ultra-portable and airline-friendly.
- Super rugged design made with elastomeric and graphite composite… “and it’s beer-proof!”
- Four-character alphanumeric LED displays and 10 dual-color key LEDs.
SoftStep is available to purchase for $289.95 USD. The optional MIDI Expander is $49.95 USD.