Keith McMillen Instruments ships QuNexus Smart Sensor Keyboard Controller
Keith McMillen Instruments has announced the shipping of its QuNexus Smart Sensor Keyboard Controller to customers around the world.
Featuring huge performance capabilities in a tiny footprint, QuNexus gives unprecedented expressive control with KMI’s patented Smart Sensor technology that transmits pressure, tilt, polyphonic aftertouch, and velocity. QuNexus unites four generations of synthesis–CV, MIDI, USB, and OSC–for maximum flexibility.
“QuNexus is the most important evolution in keyboards since the Erard Escapement was introduced to pianos in 1821,” said KMI founder, Keith McMillen. “QuNexus gives keyboardists forms of expression that were only available to string and horn players. Although playful in appearance, it performs and feels like a serious instrument.”
QuNexus re-imagines the portable MIDI keyboard with 25 vividly illuminated, Smart Sensor keys that are uniquely interactive and fun to play. QuNexus is designed to talk to analog synthesizers with Control Voltage (CV), USB, 5-pin MIDI hardware, and networked OSC applications.
“We are very excited about the arrival of QuNexus,” said John Grabowski, Senior Director of Merchandising at Sweetwater Sound. “Its innovative design and unique capabilities have already translated into strong pre-order demand.”
- 25 Smart Sensor keys detect velocity, pressure, and tilt.
- Polyphonic pitch bend and aftertouch.
- 2 CV/Gate inputs; Gate and 3 CV Outputs (16-bit).
- Pitch bend pad.
- Octave up/down buttons provide a 7 octave range.
- USB powered, receives power directly from iOS device or Mac/PC.
- Class compliant for iOS, Android, Mac OS, Windows and Linux, no drivers required.
- Portable: 3.3″ (84 mm) x 12.8″ (325 mm) x 0.43″ (11 mm), 0.76 lb (345 g).
The QuNexus is now available to purchase for $149 USD.