Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Kjaerhus releases MPL-1 Pro Second Edition
Kjaerhus has released MPL-1 Pro Second Edition, a limiter plug-in made for mastering and other purposes where the highest accuracy and quality are demanded, now available for both PC Windows and Mac OSX in VST/AU/RTAS format.
- High-precision limiting with no overshoot
- Maximum loudness and minimum pumping
- Over-sampled peak detection with look-ahead
- Smooth Hold Function
- Stereo-link with unlinked peak limiting
- Four stereo meters with peak-hold
- AES17 compliant RMS output meter
- TPDF-Dithering for 8, 16 and 24 bit resolution
- A|B comparisons
- Silent knobs
- Low CPU usage
- Support sampling rates up to 96kS/s
- VST Automation
- Parameter control through MIDI-learn
The MPL-1 Pro SE is available for Windows (VST), Mac OSX (VST/AU) and as a bundle with Windows, Mac and RTAS versions included.
The Windows version can be purchased for $118 USD. The other packages have a discounted intro price of $98 USD (Mac only, normal price $118 USD) and $118 USD (bundle, normal price $140 USD) valid from June 19, 2007 to July 18, 2007.