I’ve just updated the popular free compressor DC1A to the compression engine of its big brother DC8C 2.
DC1A 2 offers a few more tricks than its predecessor, such as compression with negative ratios and dual mono operation. Since the sound has changed, DC1A 2 has a new plugin id, so that you’re able to use V1 alongside with V2 in your projects.
DC8C has been updated too.
Changes in DC1A 2 / DC8C v2.1
- New GUI(s), dedicated GUIs for each easy mode too.
- New metering, much more detailed and accurate.
- New dual mono switch for the easy modes.
- Mac RTAS is now officially supported.
- Less CPU consumption.
- Removed DC offset from saturation.
- Overall better handling of extreme settings.
- With no oversampling selected DC8C is zero latency now.
DC1A is available to download as freeware, DC8C costs 20 EUR. The update is free for current users.
More information: Klanghelm Audio