Klanghelm updates DC8C compressor plugin to v2.0
Klanghelm has released version 2.0 of the DC8C advanced compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
DC8C is one of the most flexible compressors around.
While making a lot of different compression styles possible, it’s general nature may be described as: clear, smooth, open, distinct.
Changes in DC8C v2.0
- Binary name changed to DC8C2.<pluginformat>.
- New plugin ID -> version 1.x and 2.x can be used together.
- New: preset browser.
- New: a third main operational mode (besides NORMAL and CLEAN) called SMASH for very fast compression action.
- New: three transfer curve SHAPES now: SOFT, NOSE, SPIKE.
- New: position of the saturation can be set to pre compression, sidechain only, post compression.
- Change: new oversampling: DC8C now clearly benefits from oversampling (and additional processing inside the oversampling).
- Change: reworked saturation modes.
- Change: CRUSH style is now based on the new SMASH operational mode.
- Change: new GUI.
- Change: RANGE control uses a finer resolution for lower settings.
- Fix: initialization issues in the VST3 version.
DC8C for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for 20 EUR. The update is free for all existing DC8C users.