Korg announces Monotron
Korg has announced the Monotron, an analogue ribbon synthesizer.
Korg is no newcomer to the joys of analog synthesis. Back in the 1970s, our astounding fully polyphonic PS-3000 Series and our affordable semi modular MS Series set the bar for creative musicians around the globe. Surely one of the most popular of Korg’s analog synthesizers was the coveted MS-20, famous for its dynamic sound creation capabilities and its fat, snarly, expressive filter. Kept popular by dance and electronic artists, this legendary MS-20 filter came back to life using the Component Modeling Technology in Korg’s Legacy software collections. Now you can experience the glorious, evocative MS-20 filter along with true analog synthesis in Korg’s new monotron Analogue Ribbon Synthesizer!!
Powered by two alkaline AAA batteries, the compact monotron can be held in one hand. Although small enough to easily carry with you, the amazing monotron is packed with KORG’s legendary analog technology, generating thick and powerful sounds. Concentrating on the most important sound parameters, the controls have been streamlined as much as possible. The panel contains only five knobs and one switch. With this level of simplicity, now anyone can easily enjoy the world of analog synthesizers.
- Full-fledged, true analog synthesizer: VCO, VCF, LFO
- Inspiring, easy-to-play ribbon keyboard
- Intuitive, fun-to-tweak controls
- Features the same classic analog filter found in the legendary Korg MS-10 & MS-20
- Filter any external source using the audio input jack
- LFO can modulate either pitch of filter cutoff
- LFO Rate knob features cool LED visual indicator.
- Battery operation and palmtop size equals true portability
- Internal speaker/headphone jack lets you enjoy the sound anywhere – alone or with friends!