Korg has announced the Beat Boy, a new unit featuring a drum machine, recorder, and tuner.
Beat Boy is packed with features that allow guitarists or bassists to improve their abilities easily and reliably while having fun playing their instrument.
The functionality of four products is packed into this single unit; in addition to a tuner, there’s a rhythm machine covering 100 diverse styles, an effect section for adding sonic variation to your guitar tone, and a recorder that allows 16-bit/44.1 kHz recording of your performances.
So compact, it fits easily into the pocket of your gig bag, it’s the ideal partner for any guitarist or bassist.
Beat Boy features
- Perform backed by 100 full-fledged rhythm patterns.
- Use the tap tempo feature to adjust the tempo intuitively, or use the tempo adjustment buttons to make fine adjustments.
- Adjust the volume of the drum machine to fine tune the mix balance with your guitar sound.
- Tuner function ensures that your pitch is accurate.
- Overdrive/distortion effect for electric guitar.
- Recorder allows 16-bit/44.1 kHz PCM recording and playback.
- Approximately 20 minutes of recording, with a maximum of 100 tracks.
- USB port allows your recorded phrases to be easily backed-up to your computer.
- Internal mic supports acoustic instruments.
- Built-in speaker lets you immediately listen back to recorded sounds.
Beat Boy is scheduled for release in Fall 2013, priced at $89.99 USD.