Korg has announced Kross, a mobile synthesizer keyboard with impressive features.
With the KROSS, the sounds and songs that you’ve created at home and the system that you use every day can go with you onto the stage or into the street! Featuring rich sounds that exceed its class, yet remaining highly portable, the KROSS is designed for practical usability.
There’s a convenient mic input and a built-in audio recorder, and it can run on 6 x AA batteries. It’s a distinctive new standard in music workstations, with specs and style that set it apart from all others.
- Stylish and distinctive red and black two-tone color design.
- The lightweight body is only 4.3 kg/9.5 lbs (61-key model) or 12.4 kg/27.3 lbs (88-key model), and can be powered by 6x AA batteries.
- Piano, electric piano, and drum sounds that exceed its class.
- A wide variety of sounds that utilize twice as much PCM memory as previous instruments, and meet the needs of a broad range of musical styles.
- Sound Selector makes it easy to find the sound you’re looking for.
- Favorites function lets you register 64 selected sounds or audio songs for one-touch access – a great feature for live performances.
- Pro-quality EDS-i sound engine built-in, with a total of seven effects available for simultaneous use.
- External input jacks allow a mic or external audio source to be directly connected..
- Quick Layer/Split function for on-the-fly versatility.
- Stereo audio recorder allows you to record and overdub your performances and vocals.
- Step sequencer inherited from the Electribe, a 16-track MIDI sequencer, a drum track, and an arpeggiator.
- Connects to your computer via USB for plug-in integration with your favorite DAW.
The Korg Kross will be available in August 2013, priced at $699 USD (61-key) and $999 USD (88-key).