Korg launches SDD-3000 Pedal
Korg has announced the release of the SDD-3000 Pedal, a digital delay unit.
The rack-mounted SDD-3000 which appeared in 1982 was a classic digital delay that dominated the world thanks to its peerless sonic character. The classic delay effect that’s central to the guitar sounds in world-class rock bands owe a great deal to the SDD-3000, which has been the driving force behind numerous famous songs over the years.
The SDD-3000 PEDAL packs all of the SDD-3000′s functionality into a convenient pedal unit. Featuring a pre-amp with ample headroom, a filter circuit that modifies the feedback sound, and modulation waveforms that allow a diverse array of delay effects, it covers all of the SDD-3000′s important elements. In addition to specifications that will satisfy SDD-3000 users, it provides many new functions such as eight delay types, long delay times up to 4,000 milliseconds, selectable modulation waveforms, stereo input/output, and MIDI compatibility. The user interface has also been updated for dramatically improved ease of use.
SDD-3000 Pedal features
- All features of the legendary SDD-3000 digital delay, packed into a pedal unit.
- Eight distinct delay types including SDD-3000, Analog, Tape, Modern, Kosmic, Reverse, Pitch and Panning.
- The preamp that defined the sound of the SDD-3000 is faithfully reproduced.
- Selectable filters that alter the sound of the delay repeats.
- Choose from five types of modulation waveforms that modulate the delay time. You can also create waveforms that interpolate between two types, and make fine adjustments to the waveform.
- Use special sound-shaping techniques such as flanging, chorus, vibrato, doubling, and Doppler effects.
- A wide range of delay times is available, from 1 millisecond to long delays with a maximum of 4,000 milliseconds.
- Sync mode lets you specify the delay time in terms of 11 different note values ranging from whole notes to 32nd notes.
- A total of 80 programs (40 banks x 2 channels) can be saved.
- LCR function lets you create multi-tap delay effects.
- MIDI connectors are provided, allowing you to trigger program changes from an external device, or to transmit program data as a bulk dump to and from other units.
- Seamless bypass and program changes allow you to retain the reverberant sound when switching sounds.
- Reliable true bypass design.
- An optional expression pedal can be used to control multiple effect parameters simultaneously.
The SDD-3000 Pedal is available for purchase for SSP £329.99 GBP ex VAT.