KResearch releases KR-Fatter STR
KResearch has released KR-Fatter STR, a modular hybrid plug-in processor using two different proprietary time and frequency domain dsp platforms in a single unit.
The frequency domain platform used is Spectral Transformation Resynthesis (STR). STR is a digital signal processing (dsp) platform that operates exclusively in the frequency domain and makes use of specially developed spectral transforms for synthesis and audio effect design. At the same time, KR-Fatter STR is using specially designed time domain processing elements like for example fractal based variance controls. By combining these two platforms in a single unit, new more powerful effects can be achieved by rather using a single platform.
KR-Fatter STR effects
- Generic pitch-shifter, generate pitch related variations of the original audio signal.
- Animated pitch variation, produce animated pitch variations.
- STR color (STR transform filter), design thousands of different spectral color variations of the original input audio spectrum.
- Low frequency oscillator (lfo) modulation, give vibrato effect.
- Phase, add naturally perceived phase related variations.
- Amplifier, add naturally perceived amplitude related variations.
- Shelving equalizer (EQ), use to spectrally balance individual channels and/or the whole mix.
- Delay, use to create delayed copies of the input.
- Panning, use to create imaging effects or expansion.
KR-Fatter STR is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for $129 USD (two machine license). A demo version is available for download here.
Visit KResearch for more information.