Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
KV331 Audio releases SynthMaster v2.0
KV331 Audio has announced the release of version 2.0 of SynthMaster, its flagship semi-modular software synthesizer for Windows.
The new version introduces layers, “analog”-modelled filters, massive modulation capabilities, additive/wavetable/wavescanning synthesis, rich wavetable content, 580 ready to use factory presets, a comprehensive preset browser and a skin/interface editor that allows the customization of SynthMaster’s user interface.
Changes in SynthMaster v2.0
- Layers: In SynthMaster 2.0, every voice consists of 2 layers. Each layer has its own Arpeggiator/Sequencer, 2 Oscillators, 2 Multimode filters, 4 Modulators, 4 ADSR Envelopes, 2 Multistage Envelopes, 2 LFOs, 4 KeyScalers and Distortion/LoFi/4 Band EQ effects.
- “Analog” filters: SynthMaster now sounds warmer with the addition of “analog” LP/HP/BP/BS filters modelled after the famous “Ladder” filter. Aside from those, 1/2/3/4 stage allpass and comb filters are new additions as well.
- “Wavetable/Wavescanning” oscillators: With the addition of Wavetable/wavescanning synthesis in SynthMaster 2,0, now it is possible to create very complex and evolving sounds using up to 16 wavetables and smoothly sequencing between them.
- Massive Modulation Capabilities: It is possible to modulate almost every continuous parameter in SynthMaster 2.0 using LFOs, Envelopes, KeyScalers, MIDI Velocity, MIDI Aftertouch or MIDI Controllers, which makes it possible to create very complex sounds with SynthMaster 2.0.
- Rich Wavetable Content: Aside from the 128 factory wavetables licensed from Galbanum, 330 user wavetables selected with permission from the publicly available Muz3um for Rapture patch set also comes with SynthMaster 2.0. For users that want more, they are free to import their own single cycle waveforms in WAV format as well.
- Rich Preset Content: To show the power of SynthMaster 2.0, a talented team of professional sound designers formed by Scot Solida, LeLotusBleu Sound Design, Xenos Soundworks, CFA-Audio, KV331 Audio’s own Teoman Pasinlioğlu, as well as fellow beta testers Ingonator and FragileX have created 580 ready to use presets in a wide range of genres/styles such as Ambient, Chillout, Dance, Disco, DnB, Electronica, HipHop, Pop, Rave and Trance.
- Preset Browser: With the addition of a preset browser users can now easily find the sound they’re looking for in SynthMaster 2.0 by filtering through instrument type, attributes, music style or author name.
- Skin Editor: SynthMaster 2.0 comes with its WYSIWYG skin editor which allows the users to easily customize the look of SynthMaster, or to create new skins with different layouts.
- Serial Number Copy Protection Only: Unlike the first version, SynthMaster 2.0 uses only serial number copy protection.
SynthMaster 2.0 is available at the introductory price of $59 USD until December 31, 2009 (regular price $99 USD). A demo version of SynthMaster 2.0 is available to download from the KV331 Audio website.
More information: KV331 Audio