KV331 Audio has released version 2.7 of its SynthMaster semi-modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
With its multi-synthesis oscillators, analog modelled/digital filters, flexible effects routing with 11 types of high quality effects and a massive modulation architecture with 95 separate modulation sources and 650+ modulation targets; SynthMaster is a ‘must-have’ for all synthesizer enthusiasts!
Changes in SynthMaster v2.7
- Oscillator algorithms: 16 oscillator algorithms are added in the following categories: Spectral (HP, HS, LS, BP, BS), Bend (Bend+, Bend-, Bend +/-), Sync (No Window, Cos Window, Half Window, Tri Window, Saw Window), Other (Pulse1, Pulse2, Bit Crush). The oscillator waveform displays for basic/wavetable oscillators are also updated so now they display the modified waveform or its spectrum in real time.
- Less CPU usage for analog filters: The analog filter algorithms have been rewritten so now they have 3 different CPU modes: “Basic”, “Normal” and “High”. The “Basic” algorithm sounds similar to the other algorithms in most cases and it lowers CPU usage by at least 50%, compared to v2.6M.
- More powerful oscillator voice stacking: The unison (voice stacking) features of basic/wavetable oscillators have been vastly improved. Now there are 3 new spread parameters for the oscillator algorithm parameters (tone spread, phase spread and wave index spread), and also voices mix and detune curve parameters to better control detune and volume of each unison voice.
- New factory presets: 300 new presets are added to SynthMaster’s factory library increasing the total factory presets count to 1100. The new presets; designed by Nori Ubukata, Rob Lee, Ufuk Kevser, Gercek Dorman, VorpalSound and BluffMonkey; cover a wide range of genres such as EDM, Electro, Ambient, Downtempo and Drum&Bass.
- Modulators as Oscillators: The modulators can now be added to the oscillators, allowing them to be used as basic oscillators/sub-oscillators.
- Assigning Multiple Parameters to Single Modulation Source: It’s now possible to assign multiple parameters to a single modulation source with a single click, which allows the creation of complex morphs.
- Export User Presets to SynthMaster Player iOS app: It’s now possible for SynthMaster users to save their own presets as iOS user preset bank, allowing those presets to be imported to SynthMaster Player iOS app via iTunes.
SynthMaster for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) costs $99 USD. Until September 1st, 2015, it is 35% off as part of KV331 Audio’s Summer Sale. Note that with the release of SynthMaster 2.7 RTAS is no longer supported.
More information: KV331 Audio