Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Les Productions Zvon releases Out There
Les Productions Zvon has released Out There, a new sample set.
Even though this set is small, it’s quite diverse both in the origin (acoustic and electronic) and the types of sounds included. It is a mix of percussions and SFX in the form of one-shot samples and hits, some with velocity layers. It’s not meant to be the definitive anything but these samples can be useful in a wide range of musical settings to add different, varied and unique sonic colors. A good complement to any SFX library.
Out There features
- 470 samples, 32.6 MB
- Acoustic (67 samples): 52 samples of a Snoopy Jaw Harp, 7 samples of 2 different handbells and a few others.
- FX (147 samples): collection of various electronic SFX that can be further divided in the following categories, Machines and Electricity, Spacy and Others. Note that there’s a subfolder with 20 of the samples looped.
- Perc (25 samples): some electronic percussions.
- Vel layers (159 samples): mix of electronic percussions/FX with velocity layers.
- Vocoder (72 samples): short vocal FX made with the MicroKorg.
Out There is available in Wav, SoundFont and Native Instruments Kontakt 3 formats, for 4.99 USD (includes all formats).
Visit Les Productions Zvon for more information and audio demos.