vladg/sound has announced version 1.0 of the Limiter №6, a free mastering limiter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
This plugin is unique combination of slow RMS-compressor, peak limiter, high-frequency limiter, oversampled clipper and inter-sample limiter. The idea of this combination is “gain staging” when each stage used a little to make a most clean sound.
This is not a plugin with 1 knob and smart brain inside, which allow making your mix 0 dB RMS. All settings are manual and there’re a lot of knobs.
Limiter №6 features
- 5 modules: RMS compressor, Peak limiter, High-frequency limiter, Clipper, True peak limiter.
- High-quality signal processing to use for mastering purposes.
- Brickwall and soft limiting with different timing settings.
- M/S and multiband modes.
- Optional 4x oversampling.
- True inter-sample peaks (ISP) limiting.
- Analog-style indication.
- 2 different GUIs.
The effect plugin is available to download as freeware for Windows and Mac (VST).
More information: vladg/sound