Line 6 has introduced the new POD HD500X guitar multi-effects processor, the successor to the POD HD500.
“POD HD500X is the ultimate tool for the creative guitarist,” said Max Gutnik, Vice President of Products, Line 6. “HD500X has a world-class collection of amps and effects that enable guitar players to get the tone they’re after, both in the studio and on the stage. And with more DSP power, tour-grade footswitches and a higher contrast display, HD500X is the best POD yet.”
Like its predecessor, POD HD500X features an unparalleled collection of HD amps. From vintage classics to modern powerhouses, each HD amp provides incredible sonic depth, character and touch nuance. POD HD500X also includes more than 100 studio and stomp effects, enabling guitarists to emulate classic signal chains or discover unique new sounds.
With unparalleled flexibility and more processing power than anything in its class, POD HD500X is built for tone customization. It features dynamic DSP, so guitarists have the freedom to decide which effects to use, and where to place them. They can add even more effects to their signal chains than with any other POD.
POD HD500X features professional-grade footswitches with bright LED rings that are easy to see from anywhere on stage. The robust bent-metal chassis and die-cast expression pedal make POD HD500X ideal for performance.
POD HD500X is the perfect foundation for any guitar system, whether used live through a traditional guitar amp or full-range system, or in the studio as part of a computer-based recording setup. POD HD500X integrates seamlessly with a James Tyler® Variax® guitar and DT amp or StageSource® speaker to form the Line 6 Dream Rig—the only system that can be virtually any rig.
- Extensive collection of award-winning HD amps for authentic tone and feel.
- 100+ studio and stomp effects—use up to eight simultaneously.
- Selectable speaker cabinets and mics.
- Unparalleled flexibility to craft your tones:
- Dual signal paths
- Multiple routing options
- Dynamic DSP with more power for amps and effects
- Stereo FX loop can be inserted anywhere in the signal chain
- Professional-grade footswitches with bright LED rings for at-a-glance operation.
- Comprehensive I/O includes USB 2.0, MIDI, S/PDIF, balanced XLR outputs, integrated mic preamp and more.
- Variable input impedance.
- L6 LINK™ connection for integration and control of DT-series amplifiers and StageSource® series loudspeakers.
- VDI connection for integration and control of James Tyler® Variax® guitars.
- 512 user-writable preset locations.
- Eight set list banks.
- Assignable expression pedal controls amp and effect parameters.
- Integrated 48-second looper with dedicated footswitch.
- Built-in chromatic tuner Tap tempo.
- Professional-grade construction with bent metal chassis, chrome roll bar and die-cast expression pedal.
- Downloadable POD® HD500X software editor/patch librarian.
The POD HD500X is available for MSRP $699.99 USD ($499 USD street).