LinPlug CrX4 (CronoX 4) details revealed + SaxLab updated to v2.1.2
LinPlug has announced new details on CrX4, a new version of the CronoX software synthesizer for Widows and Mac.
First of all, its name is CrX4. This symbolizes the major work on this new version: making CronoX more efficient. This includes many changes (in fact more than 100), many under the hood, many not obvious and a some obvious ones. The most dramatic change is certainly the new GUI including a number of editing help functions (copy, paste, init) for most modules, but also assembles all on one GUI page.
New in CrX4
- Filter saturation can be modulated.
- Loaded loop sampler presets have samples now loaded successively (no gaps).
- Filter may be routed in serial or parallel.
- LFO’s speed can be modulated.
- Now up to 4 loop samplers.
- Master limiter.
- Envelopes switchable between ADSFR and AHDSR mode.
- Envelopes shape (lin…log) now individually adjustable for every phase.
- Switchable MIDI Program/bank change (may be disabled in setup).
- Chorus now with invert switch.
- Oscillators can be run up to +12 dB now.
- Oscillators allow +-5 octave pitch modulation now (+-3 or -2/+5 before).
- Oscillator FM and AM now with much wider range (more intensity).
- All-on-one-edit-page design.
- Larger sample display.
- Extended envelope parameter modulation (sustain, hold).
- LFO frequency range up to 275 Hz.
- New LFO waveforms (impulse, peak and random pulse).
- LFO onc-shot mode.
- Symmetry now working for LFO Noise too.
- New noise oscillator with double filter, pitching and crossmodulation.
- Reworked oscillator with variable aliasing (thus compatible with CronoX 2 and 3).
- Switchable CronoX 2 sound compatibility (automatically on loading CronoX 2 presets).
- Editing functions (typically load, save, copy, paste and init for many modules).
- All sample content comes now in WAV format (for easier processing outside CrX4).
- New preset browser with full size bank or patch view.
- MIDI-CC indicators next to preset name.
- Much reworked preset library including a whole bunch of new presets.
The price of CrX4 as well as the upgrade fee have not yet been fixed. All CronoX 3 orders from March 1st, 2012 on will get a free upgrade to CrX4.
LinPlug has also updated its SaxLab virtual saxophone instrument to version 2.1.2.
We are sorry for the delay of the 2 month ago announced version 2.1.2 of SaxLab, but its now finally available for both Mac and PC.
Changes in SaxLab v2.1.2
- 64bit version of AudioUnit and VST plugin for Mac.
- Added support for Mac OS X 10.7 invert mouse scroll
- Stability improvements (Mac version).
- Ended support for PowerPC G3 processors.