Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Livid Instruments now shipping OHM64
Livid Instruments is now shipping the OHM64, an adaptable, programmable, and interactive MIDI control surface designed to give you hands-on control over your performance.
High-quality sliders, knobs and buttons provide the interface for creative expression, whether you’re mixing samples and synths or DJ’ing a cutting-edge set. Constructed with an aluminum faceplate and a gorgeous body of hand-finished wood, the quality is felt down to your fingertips. All of our controllers are proudly hand crafted and assembled for artists by artists in our Austin, Texas shop.
Ohm64 has bi-directional talkback communication allowing the controller to talk to your software, and software to your device. MIDI messages can be sent to the Ohm64 to light up the buttons for an interactive performance. Completely programable and mappable, the Ohm64 provides a flexible control surface that be used with any software or setup. Completely USB powered means you don’t have to worry about adapters and and power strips, and it is plug and play so no drivers are required.
- TalkBack — All of the buttons have programmable LEDs, so you can create your own interfaces simply by sending MIDI commands back to the Ohm.
- USB Powered and Plug and Play — The Ohm64 is completely plug and play and USB powered. This means you don’t need drivers to use it and it works with a single USB cable.
- High Quality Faders and Knobs — The smoothness of the faders and knobs of the Ohm64 give it a true instrument feel. High quality dual rail sliders and all knobs give you precise hands on control.
- MIDI In and Out — MIDI in and MIDI out jacks let you control analog MIDI devices or connect other controllers to your Ohm64. You can also send MIDI from your computer to the Ohm64.
- Crossfader — The DJ style crossfader is designed to withstand heavy use and it comes with a custom wood knob designed for performance.
- Ohm64 Editor — All of the assignments on the Ohm can be changed, remapped, and saved to the Ohm using Livid’s open source Ohm64 Editor software.
- Custom Design — Livid Instruments controllers are built by hand (with the help of a few robots) and multiple finishes as well as an unfinished model are offered.
- Software — The Ohm64 comes with a full copy of the Cell DNA VJ software. Also available is a growing library of open source tools to transform you controller into a custom performance instrument.
The OHM64 is now available from the Livid Shop for $599 USD.
More information: Livid Instruments