Livid Instruments has announced it is now accepting pre-orders for the Ohm64, a completely redesigned MIDI controller, inspired by some of the most innovative and popular software.
It’s our second generation of Ohm, and we’ve expanded it massively. USB powered, with no drivers required means you can plug in and start playing. All controls can be remapped to a variety of MIDI messages, and all the buttons have programmable LEDs, so you can create your own interfaces simply by sending MIDI commands back to the Ohm. It can be as simple as listening to the MIDI that is already generated by software, or you can program your own style with a sequencer, or more in depth programs, like Max/MSP, Plogue Bidule, PD, or Reaktor. A growing library of open source software (mostly Max patches) give you the tools and talents to animate button interaction, make a step sequencer, or even make a VU meter.
- USB Powered.
- Bi-Directional MIDI communication.
- Class-compliant: no drivers needed for mac or windows.
- 75 Programmable backlight buttons for talk-back and interactive performance.
- Programmable MIDI mapping allows you to change the MIDI settings on the hardware.
- Aluminum Faceplate.
- Open Source software tools to create your own LED talkback interaction.
- Ohm Core software included for MIDI editing, and LED talkback programming.
- Cell DNA video performance software included.
- Standard MIDI IN and OUT jacks.
- Made in the USA by humans.
- Available in natural, blue, red, and unfinished so you can stain or paint it any color you want (Livid uses Jelutong wood which is lightweight, durable, and has really nice grain).
The Ohm64 is now available for pre-order for $599 USD. Shipping will start June 15th, 2009.
Visit Livid Instruments for more information.