Livid Instruments has released Livid Looper, a freeware audio looping tool for Windows and Mac.
The spacious, colorful, illustrated interface is designed to inspire the artist, the simple rules provide for never-ending complexity, collaboration on a network makes computer music social, and the open source distribution keeps it mutating and alive.
Livid Looper features
- Up to six files loaded in each looper for quick recall and playback.
- Loop is automatically pitch shifted to match the BPM.
- Automatic segmenting for slicing up a loop.
- Interactive waveform display for arbitrary loop selections.
- Assignable to crossfader.
- Record live audio and instantly loop it.
- Multiple audio effects, including a VST effect.
- Granulator for scramble or time-shift effects.
- Record up to 8 synced sequences of knob turns and effect changes.
- Record up to 8 synced sequences of segment and file changes.
- All actions are quantized to the master BPM.
- Easy MIDI learn function.
- Tight integration with Livid’s Ohm controller.
- Free of charge and open source (developed in Cycling 74‘s Max/MSP).
Livid Looper is available as open source software for Windows and Mac. Download it here.