Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Livid Instruments releases Livid Looper
Livid Instruments has released Livid Looper, a freeware audio looping tool for Windows and Mac.
The spacious, colorful, illustrated interface is designed to inspire the artist, the simple rules provide for never-ending complexity, collaboration on a network makes computer music social, and the open source distribution keeps it mutating and alive.
Computer interfaces are often referred to as “environments.” The natural world surrounding you is often called “the environment.” We took a cue from the natural term, and created Livid Looper.
Livid Looper features
- Up to six files loaded in each looper for quick recall and playback.
- Loop is automatically pitch shifted to match the BPM.
- Automatic segmenting for slicing up a loop.
- Interactive waveform display for arbitrary loop selections.
- Assignable to crossfader.
- Record live audio and instantly loop it.
- Multiple audio effects, including a VST effect.
- Granulator for scramble or time-shift effects.
- Record up to 8 synced sequences of knob turns and effect changes.
- Record up to 8 synced sequences of segment and file changes.
- All actions are quantized to the master BPM.
- Easy MIDI learn function.
- Tight integration with Livid’s Ohm controller.
- Free of charge and open source (developed in Cycling 74‘s Max/MSP).
Livid Looper is available as open source software for Windows and Mac. Download it here.