LOM releases JONO software synthesizer
LOM has released JONO, a software musical instrument inspired by modular synthesizers.
By providing mixture of classical and experimental elements it can serve as an interesting addition to your setup or as a standalone tool.
- Two oscillators, modulated by the layered LFO and the sequencer.
- Each oscillator has a couple of ranges and waveshapes, and LFO modulation, which allows you to mix three different LFOs into patterns and rhythms in a very simple yet powerful interface enhanced by the oscilloscope.
- State-variable filter, modulated by another layered LFO, offering three standard filter functions – lowpass, highpass and bandpass.
- Stereo echo and a recorder – for recording short bits of your work right away, without connecting additional software.
- Sequencer provides control over the amount of steps, variable loop length and the speed for each sequence (two sequencers for two oscillators).
- Includes a set of presets, but also allows you to save your own.
- ‘RANDOMIZE’ button, which randomizes the whole setup.
- MIDI support, both for classic pitch control from a MIDI keyboard as well as for control of the main parameters with knobs or sliders.
JONO is available to purchase as a standalone application for Windows and Mac (includes full source code in MaxMSP language), priced at 15 EUR.
More information: LOM JONO