Loomer has released version 1.6.1 of Aspect, a virtual analogue synthesizer instrument plug-in for Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Aspect is a 32-note polyphonic software instrument that combines a great-sounding, powerful synthesis engine, with a flexible semi-modular architecture and unparalleled ease of use. The core of Aspect’s superb sound are two analog modeled oscillators, each capable of producing a powerful selection of raw waveforms, and dual filters that can be routed in series, in parallel, or even blended into unique combinations.
Changes in Aspect v1.6.1
- Native 64-bit versions for Mac OS X Audio Unit, and Windows VST.
- New built-in Preset Browser with support for xml, fxp, and fxb preset files.
- Presets can now have meta-data, such as author name, notes, and tags. Use meta-data to search your preset library.
- Hot-swap preset browsing: quickly step through and preview presets in context.
- Various host compatibility fixes.
- Audio-rate pitch modulation of Oscillator 1 from Oscillator 2 now works.
- Sample & Hold module’s latched value is now correctly reset when the the input source is removed.
- Much faster GUI response.
- Slight reduction in CPU usage on particularily complex presets.
- Vastly reduced start-up time.
- Clearer font rendering: a larger font is now used for menu items.
- Additional and improved factory presets.
Aspect is available to purchase for £65 GBP (excl. VAT).