Loomer has announced version 2.0.0 of Shift, a diatonic granular pitch shifting delay effect for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux.
Shift combines an intuitive and beautiful user interface, with a great sounding granular synthesis engine. Shift’s flexibility allows a palette of timbres ranging from basic echo effects, through intelligent harmonies, to exotic evolving ambient soundscapes.
- Five independent true stereo delay lines, with discrete delay, feedback, pitch shifting, filters, pan, and volume.
- Pitch shifting comes courtesy of a powerful granular synthesis engine: with a few simple grain parameters, you can create the perfect granular sound, be it for guitar, synth, drums, loops, or anything else.
- Fast and accurate monophonic audio analysis component extracts pitch information, in real-time, for intelligent in-scale pitch shifting and harmonies. Calibrate the tracker to your sound and style using the built-in tuner.
- Perfect your preset design: use the XY grid to maneuver the seven main delay line parameters in real-time or to get at-a-glance feedback on the overall preset shape.
- A comprehensive modulation matrix allows each delay voice parameter to be individual contoured. Modulation sources come in the form of four tempo-syncable LFOs, each producing five modulation shapes: sawtooth, sinus, triangle, square, or stepped random noise.
- Over 100 presets included, from the simple to the exotic, each tagged ready for searching, and annotated with playing suggestions. Listen to a preset in context with ‘hot-swap previewing’. Create partial presets to build up a library of delay voices, grain engine, and diatonic tracker settings.
Shift is available to purchase for £45 GBP (+ VAT). Registered owners of Shift 1 are eligible for a free upgrade.
An evaluation is available for free download, with the following limitations:
- User created Program and Bank configurations can be saved, but not loaded.
- Output will be periodically interrupted, approximately every minute, by a short moment of silence.
- Audio output will stop after 30 minutes of continuous use. The only way to continue using Shift is to restart the application.