Loomer has released version 1.7.17 of Aspect, a synthesizer instrument for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Aspect is a 32-note polyphonic software instrument that combines a great-sounding, powerful synthesis engine, with a flexible semi-modular architecture and unparalleled ease of use. The core of Aspect’s superb sound are two analog modeled oscillators, each capable of producing a powerful selection of raw waveforms, and dual filters that can be routed in series, in parallel, or even blended into unique combinations.
Changes in Aspect v1.7.17
- New: AAX 64-bit Native plug-ins for Windows and Mac OS X.
- Fixed (Mac OS X VST): UI now renders correctly on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Fixed: Polyphonic aftertouch now works correctly for all presets.
- Feature: Keyboard entry of rotary parameter values. Rotary controls can now be typed directly into by clicking on the text value below the control.
- Improvement: Improved performance on real-time and very low-latency systems.
- Improvement (Windows): The 32-bit and 64-bit VST plug-ins are now installed as separate components. You can choose which one (s) to install, as well as selecting different install folders for each architecture.
- Feature (Linux): Added “Show Directory” to the preset browser, which will will reveal the selected preset directory in your window manager.
- Improvement (Mac OS X): Installer and all installed components are now signed in compliance with Mac OS X’s Gatekeeper system.
- Improvement: Significantly improved UI response speed; reduced CPU usage when parameters are automated whilst the UI is open.
- Improvement (Linux): Presets and configuration files are now located to comply with the XDG Base Directory Specification. Older installations will still use any existing preset library location to maintain backwards compatibility.
- Fixed (Mac OS X Audio Unit): Fixed minor memory leak in parameter names.
Aspect is available for purchase for £65 GBP (excl. VAT).