Loomer updates Aspect to v1.5
Loomer has released version 1.5 of Aspect, a semi-modular synthesizer for Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Aspect is a 32-note polyphonic synthesizer with an open ended semi-modular architecture, streamlined interface, and analogue sounding synthesis engine.
Changes in Aspect v1.5
- New oscillators with improved sound due to significantly reduced aliasing.
- Backwards compatibility options (for Registered Users only) to enable the use of legacy oscillators for perfect compatibility with older patches.
- Reduced CPU usage: generally around 10% reduction, but up to 20% in some cases.
- Massively reduced memory usage.
- Aspect oscillators are now tuned down an octave to bring them more into line with other synthesizers.
- Older patches will still play at the tuning they were created with.
- Fixed bug where very long release envelopes stop rather abruptly.
- Fixed bug in Sonar where notes are left hanging when the Sonar Transport is stopped.
- Factory presets are now categorized and sorted.
- Rotary controls can now be tweaked to a finer degree with the mouse wheel by holding Shift.
- Fixed bug where notes sustained over a sample rate change from 96KHz to 88KHz would play at the incorrect pitch.
- Fixed bug that could cause a lock under some Linux VST hosts the first time Aspect is scanned.
Aspect is available to purchase for £65 GBP (+ VAT).