Loomer updates Sequent effect plugin to v1.2.3
Loomer has released version 1.2.3 of Sequent, a semi-modular sequenced beat looper multi effect for Linux, Mac, and Windows.
Sequent is a step-sequenced multi-effect processor with a flexible modular effects routing system, an incredibly powerful beat looper, twenty-three parameter sequencers, and a wealth of randomization options. Sequent is the ideal tool for mangling audio on stage or in the studio.
Changes in Sequent v1.2.3
- Native 64-bit support for Linux VST plug-ins and Standalone application formats.
- Integrated undo and redo, with unlimited history size.
- Master Sequencer, to arrange effects along a time-line.
- Random pattern generation functions.
- Partial preset support for Routing configurations.
- Thru switch for Delay Module, which if enabled allows the dry signal to be passed through when the delay effect is turned off.
- Effects are now colour-coded for easy identification.
- Category support in preset browser.
- Windows VST 32-bit plug-ins and standalone applications no longer depend on additional runtime libraries. However, these libraries are still required – and installed – for the RTAS format plug-ins.
- libjack is now weak-linked for standalone Linux. This means JACK is not required (but still recommended) for Linux users.
- Windows RTAS plug-in is now installed to the correct location on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- MIDI Program Changes are now multi-threaded, and so will no longer potentially stall the audio synthesis.
- Fix for rare issue that stopped presets from loading in Linux Renoise when LADSPA plug-in support is enabled.
- Fixed crash that could occur when connecting Effects in the Routing Window whilst simultaneously changing Presets via MIDI.
- Fix for crash (on both Windows and Linux) that could occur when ‘space’ is pressed when confirming the overwrite preset dialog.
- Presets without Patterns are now considerably smaller when saved to disc.
- Improved rendering speed of Router graphics.
- Reduced CPU usage when switching or editing patterns.
- Preset Browser is now maximized to fill the entire plug-in window.
- For Windows VST (32-bit and 64-bit), the preferences file can be placed alongside the DLL file to facilitate USB or portable installs.
- Additional presets.
- Various host compatibility fixes.
- PDF manual is now printer-friendly.
Sequent is available to purchase for £49 GBP excl. VAT.