Loomer updates Sequent to v1.3
Loomer has updated Sequent, a multi effects plug-in for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Sequent is a step-sequenced multi-effect processor with a flexible modular effects routing system, an incredibly powerful beat looper, twenty-three parameter sequencers, and a wealth of randomization options. Sequent is the ideal tool for mangling audio on stage or in the studio.
Changes in Sequent v1.3.0
- Native 64-bit VST plug-in for Mac OS X (64-bit VST support requires Mac OS X 10.6 or greater; 64-bit Audio Unit requires Mac OS X 10.5 or greater; all other formats require Mac OS X 10.4 or greater. )
- Bitcrusher effect added to distortion module.
- Massively improved speed and responsiveness of all UI controls.
- Improved CPU usage when wiring effects in the modular view.
- Improved CPU usage when tweaking parameters from a hardware controller.
- Improved CPU usage when rapidly switching patterns.
- Sequence syncing is now more reliable for hosts which provide only periodic PPQ positional information.
- Rotary controls for Looper mode and Filter types are now replaced by combo controls.
- For the Windows VST plug-in, when using a relative path for the presets folder, the path is now relative to the DLL, not the host.
- Standalone versions now support multiple simultaneous hardware controllers.
- MIDI Program Changes are now multi-threaded, and so will no longer potentially stall the audio synthesis.
- Fix for GUI freeze that could occur in certain Mac OS X VST hosts.
- Preset searches are now multi-threaded. Preset browser can now immediately respond to user interaction, even whilst searching a massive preset library, or when browsing a folder containing a large number of presets.
- Added soft notching for volume and crossfade controls, making unity volume and 50% crossfade mix easier to dial in.
- Fixed extremely rare crash that could occur on a minority of Windows 32-bit systems when opening the UI.
- Preset meta data (ie, author name, notes, tags) is now correctly displayed after loading an .FXP based preset or restoring a saved project.
- Standalone application tempo can now be set to within two decimal places of accuracy.
Sequent is available to purchase for £49 GBP excl. VAT.