Loomer has released version 1.2.3 of String, a string ensemble synthesizer instrument for Linux, Mac and Windows.
String’s authentic tone comes from its accurate emulation of the divide-down oscillator technology behind the lush ensemble synths of the 70s.
Changes in String v1.2.3
- Native 64-bit VST plugin and standalone application for Linux.
- Integrated Preset Browser, with meta-data, tags, searching, and hot-swap support.
- Additional presets. All presets now tagged and annotated.
- Presets can now be sorted using auto categorization.
- String Instrument and FX now have their own individual default preset.
- Reduced CPU usage.
- CPU usage is now consistent when using the Mac OS X RTAS Plugins.
- Windows VST 32-bit plugins and standalone applications no longer depend on additional runtime libraries. However, these libraries are still required – and installed – for the RTAS format plugins.
- libjack is now weak-linked for standalone Linux. This means JACK is not required (but still recommended).
- Fixed slight pitch shifting timbre that would rarely occur when quickly swapping between presets using different delay time settings.
- PDF manual is now printer-friendly.
String is available to purchase for £50 GBP (+VAT if applicable).