Loomer updates String to v1.3.7
Loomer has updated the String virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows, Mac, and Linux to version 1.3.7.
String’s authentic tone comes from its accurate emulation of the divide-down oscillator technology behind the lush ensemble synths of the 70s.
Changes in String v1.3.7
- (Windows) Fixed incredibly rare crash which may occur when first opening the plug-in on certain 32-bit VST Windows hosts.
- (Mac) Workaround for issue that causes the preset browser to become invisible in Digital Performer 7 when the String FX Audio Unit plug-in UI is resized. This workaround, which forces this host to correctly use the Cocoa UI, can be enabled by adding the following line to the String.xml configuration file:
- Massively improved speed and responsiveness of all UI controls.
- Improved CPU usage when tweaking parameters from a hardware controller.
- For the Windows VST plug-in, when using a relative path for the presets folder, the path is now relative to the plug-in’s DLL file and not the host’s executable file.
- Standalone versions now support multiple simultaneous hardware controllers.
- Preset searches are now multi-threaded. Preset browser can now immediately respond to user interaction, even whilst searching a massive preset library, or when browsing a folder containing a large number of presets.
- (Windows and Linux) Preset meta data (ie, author name, notes, tags) is now correctly displayed after loading an .FXP based preset or restoring a saved project.
- Various minor compatibility fixes for certain hosts.
String is available to purchase for £50 GBP excl. VAT.