LVC-Audio has announced the release of PreAMPed, a virtual preamp modeling plug-in for Windows and Mac.
PreAMPed is an audio plugin that recreates many of the qualities of analog preamplifiers.
PreAMPed has 13 distinct preamp models with separate EQ curves, saturation sounds, transient responses, crosstalk, and a many other specifications. Overall, PreAMPed utilizes over forty separate parameters to determine each of the 13 different preamp modules within PreAMPed.
As a tool, PreAMPed can be used on multiple tracks to provide subtle enhancement and saturation to individual track elements, or on overall mixes. PreAMPed includes many controls that are common on mixing consoles and separate hardware preamps, as well as some unique controls.
- Common hardware preamp controls, including gain, phase, and left/right channel swapping.
- Four-band EQ, including high and low shelf filters, and two parametric mid band EQs.
- Drive control that simulates increasing or decreasing the internal gain of a hardware preamp, while maintaining a consistent output level.
- Stereo controls, including balance, stereo width, and mid/side processing option.
- Adjustable output clipper.
- Additional saturation with controllable high pass filter.
- Selectable oversampling.
- User-friendly graphical input and output metering with VU-style, PPM-style, and loudness meters.
PreAMPed for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $47.70 USD. Previous LVC-Audio customers receive a 10% discount.