LVC-Audio has released version 2.0 of ClipShifter, a clipping-style limiter effect plug-in for Windows.
ClipShifter uses a unique threshold control to change the clipping threshold dynamically based on the transient characteristics of the incoming audio. The sonic characteristics of the clipping distortion can be altered from hard, brickwall-style clipping, to softer saturation with compression. Additional parameters allow the user to control the even- and odd-order components of the saturation.
Changes in ClipShifter v2.0
- User Interface:
- Redesigned user interface.
- Optimized rendering.
- Adjustable waveform history viewer.
- Pause and reset button on waveform history.
- VU loudness output meter.
- Controls and processing:
- Attack and Release time changed from a linear curve to a logarithmic attack and release curve.
- Harmonics control: Add even-order harmonics control to output.
- Preset control: Export current preset to text, and import/load clipboard contents to plugin.
- Paid Features:
- Oversampling: Addition of 2, 4, and 8 times oversampling with corresponding upsampling and downsampling antialiasing filters.
- 3-way multiband frequency control: Configurable 3-way crossover (with frequency and gain controls), solo buttons for each band, and control for processing selected frequency bands through the clipping algorithm (Low, Low+Mid, Mid, Mid+High, High, and All).
ClipShifter for Windows (32/64bit VST) is available to download at no cost. The paid plugin (with oversampling and 3-way multiband frequency control) is $11.76 USD.