LVC-Audio has released version 2.1 of ClipShifter, a clipping-style limiter effect plug-in that provides enough user controls to be useful in all mixing stages.
ClipShifter uses a unique threshold control to change the clipping threshold dynamically based on the transient characteristics of the incoming audio.
The sonic characteristics of the clipping distortion can be altered from hard, brickwall-style clipping, to softer saturation with compression. Additional parameters allow the user to control the even- and odd-order components of the saturation.
Changes in ClipShifter v2.1
- Plugin format: Now supports multiple Windows and OS X formats.
- User Interface:
- Independent Release control.
- Smoothness/decay control for waveform view.
- Clip Reduction waveform view.
- Volume zoom control.
- Controls and processing: Optimization to decrease CPU usage.
- Paid Features:
- Significant decrease in CPU usage when oversampling.
- Double processing: additional processing of audio when oversampling is on.
- Mid/Side processing: Selectable control for processing only the Mid, Side, or Stereo components of the audio. Includes separate gain control, solo, and width control.
ClipShifter for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3/AU) is available as freeware (fully functional). The paid version with additional features costs $11.76 USD.