M-Audio / GForce Software release M-Tron Pro
M-Audio and GForce Software have released M-Tron Pro, a virtual instrument featuring the sounds of the classic Mellotron.
The GForce M-Tron Pro virtual instrument is an incredible emulation of the classic Mellotron—the unique tape-playback keyboard used by such luminaries as The Beatles, Yes, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, The Moody Blues and Radiohead.
M-Tron Pro features
- 200+ total tape banks (sample sets), including:
- 45 brand-new tape banks not found in the original M-Tron.
- 19 tape banks from M-Tron virtual instrument, re-mastered at London’s legendary Abbey Road Studios.
- Over 40 looped tape banks.
- Over 3.5GB of samples total.
- 700+ patches including many created by world-class recording artists and programmers.
- Up to 35 notes, each individually sampled.
- Dual layer and split keyboard operation.
- Programmable MIDI CC response via MIDI Learn.
- Controllable via MIDI controllers such as the M-Audio Axiom and Oxygen models.
- 29 parameters per layer including synth parameters:
- Vintage-style ensemble and delay effects.
- Low-pass, band-pass and high-pass resonant filter section.
- Tape reverse.
- Tape half speed.
- Dynamic keyboard control, including filter aftertouch.
- Supports standalone, RTAS and VST on Windows XP/SP2, Vista 32, Vista 64.
- Supports standalone, RTAS, AU and VST on OSX 10.4.x, OSX 10.5.x.
M-Tron Pro is exclusively available from M-Audio and has an MSRP of $199.95 USD / €139 EUR / £109 GBP. Upgrades are available for existing M-Tron users for €59 EUR via the GForce Website.
LinPlug updates RMV to v5.0.1