MachineCodex has released version 1.86 of Neutrino (formerly AudioCodex), the core player for the Mac with advanced playback features you won’t find in any other player.
Add effects, reverb, loops, time, pitch, Audio Units plug-ins, and more, all in real time. Enhance your music with equalizers and space correcting audio units. Explore stunning Music Visualizer representations of your music as it plays.
Changes in Neutrino v1.86
- Master & Mix volume controls now operate independently in QuickTime mode.
- Mix Volume control In QuickTime mode uses a modified response-curve for a closer match to CoreAudio volume ramping.
- Watched Folder item Album, Artist & Genre fields are auto-filled using file-system folder-names if no matching iTunes track can be found.
- Genre tags discovered via metadata scanning as Indexed ID3v1 & heaxadecimal strings are now converted to their Id3V1 equivalent English names.
- ‘Add to playlist’ contextual menu item allows easy adding of selected tracks to different Workspace playlists.
- Fix for crash at launch that could occur if Neutrino was parsing an iTunes XML file and encountered a track with no ‘Location’ key.
- Fix for using ‘Return’ key to start playback of a selected Workgroup playlist item also opening the ‘Name’ table cell for editing.
- Fix for Table column names & contents occasionally overflowing their drawing bounds.
- Fix for System alert sounding if Space, Return or Esc keys were used while the MediaView was the active view.
- Fix for Space, Return or Esc keys failing to consistently responding as ‘global’ controls.
- Fix for floating AV controller play button state not being synchronised with keyboard-initiated playback state changes.
- Fix for crash that could occur when attempting to create the Settings interface after loading certain (non-bundled) Quartz Compositions created on OSX 10.4.x.
- Fix for markers failing to be deleted when dragged ‘off’ the transport view.
Neutrino 1.86 is a recommended update for all users, and is available immediately via the built-in Software update facility, or by direct download.
More information: MachineCodex