Machinewerks launches Kickstarter project for CS X51 control surface
The Machinewerks CS X51 was born out of the sheer frustration of not being able to find the Control Surface we wanted.
Everything was either too big, too heavy or didn’t have the controls we needed, often they would have a lot of things that nobody wanted. It seemed to us that the market place is flooded with control surfaces that set out to be everything to everyone and have ended up being no use to anyone!
The design of many existing Controllers also leaves us cold. Cheap lumps of plastic designed to keep the costs down, with no look or feel to them at all.
Time For A Change
We decided from the start to design something beautiful, something pure, something people would want to use and own.
With 30 years experience of playing live and in the studio we know what’s needed for a working artist/DJ; This is why we’ve designed the Machinewerks CS X51.
CS X51 features
- 28 x Potentiometer Rotaries: All fully assignable.
- 7 x 45mm Potentiometer Sliders: All fully assignable.
- 16 assignable buttons in a 4×4 matrix, each with a cool blue assignable LED (LEDs can respond to clip status messages).
- USB and 5 pin DIN MIDI In & Out for full bi-directional MIDI support.
- 9v DC power connector for computerless setups.
- Plug & Play: USB Powered*, no drivers required.
- 100% programmable midi mapping to any hardware or computer.
- MacOS, Windows & Linux Compatible.
- Works out of the box with Ableton, Traktor, Reason, Cubase, Logic and any other programmable DAW.
- Aluminium Body.
- Anodised Body with Powder Coated Base.
- Portable: 390mm x 184mm x 57mm Weighs 1.4kg.
- RoHS compliant.
- Designed & Built In Sheffield, UK.
The Kickstarter project aims to have £27,000 GBP pledged by Saturday Oct 5th, 2013.