Madrona Labs updates Aalto v1.1
Madrona Labs has released version 1.1 of Aalto, a virtual software synthesizer for Mac.
Aalto is a new semi-modular software synthesizer with an innovative, patchable UI, distinctive sounds, and a charming personality.
Changes in Aalto v1.1
- Much faster: Aalto now runs 25 to 50% faster than version 1.0.
- Installer: Easy install using Apple’s Installer puts Aalto’s bits where they belong.
- New preset management UI: Load and save presets from the Aalto window.
- Copy and paste presets: From the preset menu to and from the clipboard, for easy sharing, editing, and backup.
- Host sync: Aalto’s sequencer now has rock-solid synchronization with your DAW’s clock.
- Tuning tables: Load tunings from the Scala .scl file format. Over 100 different tunings categorized by musical tradition are included.
- Sequencer modes: Key trigger and loop mode allow new uses of the sequencer.
- Presets: Aalto now comes with 30 new presets from programming guru Simon Ball of SoundsDivine, and 10 fun sound machine constructions from synth innovator Alessandro Cortini.
- Many minor bug fixes have also been implemented. See the bug tracker for a complete list.
Aalto is available to purchase as an Audio Unit plug-in for Mac (Mac and Windows VST coming soon) for $99 USD.