Maggot Software releases Spanner for Pro Tools
Maggot Software has announced Spanner, a powerful surround channel manager, panner, remapper and downmix plugin for AVID Pro Tools.
It is the result of years of personal frustration with the Pro Tools panner and bussing setup and solves many of the common complaints about the surround workflow in Pro Tools.
If you ever work in surround you’ll appreciate this plugin I’m sure, but if mixing-in-the-box is your thing you’re going to see this as a major step forward.
- True surround panner.
- Up and down-sizes multiple track formats.
- Infinitely flexible folddown with Audiosuite support.
- Pre-fade lfe send.
- Panner window follows track selection.
- Post-pan meters in mix and edit windows.
- Double-precision, low CPU overhead.
Spanner for Mac (AAX) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $199 USD through April, 2012 (regular $249 USD).