Steinberg has announced last week that most Steinberg products run flawlessly under Apple’s latest operating system, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
The majority of Steinberg products are Lion compatible; however, further development is required to ensure overall compatibility through the entire product range. While the testing phase was completed prior to the release of Lion, Steinberg will release patches and driver updates for current products with remaining issues.
The following provides information on the current status of product compatibility.
- The current Cubase line of products supports Lion with the 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 maintenance updates. The LE and AI versions of Cubase have been tested and certified for Lion, with no further updates required. Due to changes in Lion, Cubase running in 64-bit mode cannot properly handle 32-bit VST plug-ins. This issue, however, is currently being addressed and will be resolved shortly.
- The current WaveLab line of products including the LE version supports Lion with the 7.1 maintenance update.
- By releasing Nuendo 5.5 today, Nuendo is fully compatible with Lion. Also compatible is the Nuendo SyncStation.
- Sequel 2 is certified to be fully Lion compatible, with no further updates required.
- The latest VST instruments support Lion, i.e., HALion 4, HALion Sonic and The Grand 3. Groove Agent 3 and HALion Symphonic Orchestra have not been certified as compatible with Lion.
- The RND Portico plug-ins are certified to be fully Lion compatible.
- Content sets and Steinberg’s license tool, eLicenser Control Center, are Lion compatible.
- Hardware products CC121, MR816 CSX/X and the CI series are yet to be tested.
More information: Steinberg