MakeMusic Finale 2011b, music notation software updated
MakeMusic has released Finale 2011b, a maintenance update for the popular music notation software.
Finale provides easy access to everything you need to compose, arrange, play, and print music. Whether you’re creating orchestra film scores or .MP3 files for your iPod, your music comes alive with Finale.
Changes in Finale 2011b
- Expressions – Expressions are no longer duplicated and linked to one another in specific files.
- Extract Parts – Extract Parts now correctly saves to Program Files\Finale 20011b, and will not concatenate the entire file path into the file name. (Windows only)
- File menu – Opening a specific file no longer causes a crash. (Macintosh only)
- Fonts – All Finale document fonts are now recognized in other MakeMusic products including SmartMusic, PrintMusic, Finale NotePad and Finale Reader. (Macintosh Only). Font type names now work consistently in non-U.S. operating systems. (Macintosh Only)
- Lyrics – Type into Score now advances correctly when the Enter key is used. (Windows only) – All lyrics, including those on the first system, now update when their fonts are changed via the Lyric Window. (Macintosh only)
- Installation – Changes to a user’s “Configuration Files” location no longer cause the updater to rename the MacOS folder within the Finale application. (Macintosh only). The updater no longer changes the MacOS folder within the Finale application. (Macintosh only)
Finale 2011b is a free, downloadable update available to registered Finale 2011 users.