MakeMusic releases Finale 2010a
MakeMusic has released Finale 2010a, a maintenance update for the notation software for Windows and Mac.
Finale 2010 – the world’s most powerful music notation software – lets you express your creativity and love of music. Compose, arrange, notate, and print engraver-quality sheet music.
Changes in Finale 2010a
- New Percussion Functionality including new options in the Percussion MIDI Map Editor that allow you to create custom percussion MIDI maps for ultimate control over the sounds your percussion staves play back.
- Support for Macintosh OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Enhanced integration of Staff Styles and Linked Parts – Apply Staff Styles to only the part or score you are viewing, and easily update staff styles in a score to match its part and vice versa.
- 271 Classroom Flash Cards designed to print double-sided (with the answers on the back) and to be used in front of the classroom. Topics include keys, note names, rhythm, vocabulary, and musical symbols.
- 126 Individual Flash Cards designed to print double-sided (with the answers on the back) and used by individual students for self-quizzing. Topics include keys, note names, and musical symbols.
- 30 Ear Training Worksheets designed to be used with the free, downloadable Finale Reader. Students can print the worksheets, use the Finale Reader to play the examples, and write the answers on the printed worksheets. Topics include intervals, chords, and melodic dictation.
- See the complete list of what’s new.
Finale 2010a is now available for Mac OS X and Windows. This is a free maintenance update available to Finale 2010 registered users.
More information: Finale