MakeMusic has released Finale 2011a, a maintenance update for the popular music notation software for Windows and Mac.
In addition to addressing maintenance concerns new to Finale 2011, it adds expanded functionality to copy expressions to other staves, updates Macintosh font menus and font dialogs, and improves the quality of exported bitmap graphics on Macintosh computers. Additional enhancements include updated scanning technology – resulting in improved scanning results and expanded support for Canon-brand scanners – and more.
New in Finale 2011a
- Updated Scanning Technology. Updated scanning recognition technology provides improved scanning results and expanded support for Canon-brand scanners.
- Additional Expression Menu Commands. Four additional commands now allow convenient copying of expressions to adjacent staves.
- Updated Broadway Copyist Font. The Broadway Copyist Text Extended font now includes additional characters including Æ, Ø, OE, ¡, ¿, and others.
- Improved Font menus and dialog boxes. Finale’s updated Font menu and dialog box make selecting and editing fonts easier. (Macintosh only)
- Improved Quality for Exported Graphics. Exported bitmap graphics are now cleaner and sharper. (Macintosh only)
Finale 2011a is a free maintenance update available to Finale 2011 registered users.
More information: MakeMusic