MakeMusic releases Finale 2014b
MakeMusic has released Finale 2014b, a free update for the music notiation software for Windows.
Finale is the world-wide industry standard in music notation software. Anywhere music appears on the printed page, Finale likely created those pages. Finale helps the choir to sing, the band to march, the students to learn, and the orchestra to raise the excitement level in the latest blockbuster movie.
Changes in Finale 2014b
- Mac highlights include:
- Many audio-related crashes have been fixed and USB mono input devices no longer cause errors.
- Bank volume settings are retained and all Garritan Instruments for Finale instruments respond to Mixer volume controls.
- Unicode characters no longer cause file name problems and error messages are more descriptive.
- Several view/display issues and application switching problems have been addressed.
- Windows highlights include:
- Audio Engine errors no longer appear with some ASIO audio devices and USB mono input devices no longer cause errors.
- Unicode characters no longer cause file name problems, backup and auto-save files are included in Open dialogs, and error messages are more descriptive.
- Highlights for both Mac and Windows users include:
- Human Playback correctly interprets glissandi, fp markings, and articulation trills, and also recognizes keyswitches in all layers.
- Notes on the opposite stem side in cluster chords can be selected, and rests can be repositioned when Consolidate Rests Across Layers is enabled.
- Multiple MIDI file fixes include proper percussion import and retention of track/staff names and key signatures.
- Numerous crashing situations have been fixed, and file saving speed and Score Manager performance have been improved.
Finale 2014 is available for purchsase for $600 USD (retail) / $350 USD (academic/theological), with various upgrade options available as well. Finale 2014b is a free update now available to registered Finale 2014 owners.
More information: Finale