Drumdrops has announced the release of the Mapex Heavy Rock Kit for BFD.
The Mapex Heavy Rock Kit BFD Pack is a Mapex Saturn Kit (owned by Jason Bowld: Killing Joke, Bullet For My Valentine) recorded by Martyn ‘Ginge’ Ford (Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium, Slipknot) on a vintage Neve 8026 console at The Garden Studios in Shoreditch, London. The Garden Studios (1978-2012) was responsible for recording many great UK rock bands from Siouxsie & The Banshees, The Cure, The The and The Arctic Monkeys among many others. It’s unique recording room produced huge, big sounding drums, as evident in this BFD Pack.
- Kick Drum: Mapex Saturn 22” Kick drum.
- Snare Drums: Mapex Black Panther hammered phosphor Bronze 14” x 6.5”, Mapex Black Panther 14”x 5” and a Mapex Machete 14” x 6.5”.
- Toms: Rack Toms – a 10” x 8” and 12” x 9”; Floor Tom: 16” x 16”.
- Hi-hats: 14″ Paiste Sound Edge 14.
- Cymbals: Paiste Dry Heavy 21” Ride, Paiste Twenty Metal 18” Crash, Paiste Metal China 18” Crash, Paiste Twenty Custom 19” Crash and a Paiste Twenty Custom 20” Crash.
Mapex Heavy Rock Kit includes 36 articulations, 20 Groove Palettes, 458 Heavy Rock loops and 6 mix presets that will allow you to start creating immediately. You have full control over the microphones that were used to record this kit, while moulding your sound with all the same features that you would expect from any other BFD kit.
The Mapex Heavy Rock Kit BFD Pack is available for purchase at an introductory 20% discount for a limited time. Use coupon code mapexbfd20 at checkout. Additionally, on Wednesday July 13th, Drumdrops will launch a special offer to give away 10 free copies from their website. Customers should sign up to the Drumdrops newsletter for further details.