Marcus Clef has released ROM-500, a SF2 player with custom loops made with Synthedit.
ROM-500 uses MIDI files to play SF2 loops, in a similar way as REX files, so it supports tempo variations. This lets you create totally new loops from the original.
- Multiple instances VST Instument
- 170 Mb SF2 with various loops (169 Loops @ 96 to 160 BPM)
- 169 MIDI files
- 2 ADSR Env for Filter and Amp stages
- 1 Moog type Lo-pass filter, with adjustable Cutoff and Resonance
- Master gain adjustment
- Warm function for boost and distortion on signal
- Automation of parameters
- No latency
- Intuitive GUI
- You can load your own soundfonts
You can get ROM-500 at Rapidshare or palebluedot.ca. A REX 2 version is also available at Rapidshare as well as a light version which only includes the plug-in.
Note: The plug-in’s presets expect the soundfont file in a specific location, read the comments below if you’re having trouble getting it to play.
Update 24-04-2007: Since the plug-in is not available anymore from the links above you can download it from rekkerd.org. (download size: 94MB)
If you have any feedback you can contact Marcus at: rimshot1 AT hotmail DOT com
Marcus Clef ROM-500 Downloads: 6651 times