Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Massenburg DesignWorks releases MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ 3.0
Massenburg DesignWorks has released MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ 3.0, a plug-in which emulates the filter curves of Massenburg’s legendary GML 8200 reference-standard equalizer.
Designed for Pro Tools|HD® systems, version 3.0 offers new RTAS® support, giving you the flexibility to use the EQ with Pro Tools LE® and Pro Tools M-Powered™ systems too. With its unprecedented clarity, unmatched smoothness, and excellent high-frequency response, MDW® Hi-Res Parametric EQ will help you achieve optimal definition in your mixes.
MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ 3.0 features
- Wide frequency selection, from 10 Hz to 41 kHz, with variable Q and choice of three- or five-band EQ.
- Double-precision 48-bit processing for unprecedented clarity.
- Emulates GML 8200 constant shape reciprocal filter curves — the industry-standard reference.
- IsoPeak® functionality lets you quickly solo a target frequency band.
- A/B snapshots allow settings comparisons.
- Supports both TDM and RTAS plug-in formats.
MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ 3.0 is available in a TDM/RTAS version for Pro Tools|HD users at $795 USD, and an RTAS version for all Pro Tools users at $395 USD. Special upgrade pricing is also available if you currently use an older version of the plug-in.
Visit Digidesign for more information.